Within the scope of “Technical Assistance for Developed Analytical Basis for Formulating Strategies and Actions towards Low Carbon Development in Turkey”, Component 3&4 working group dissemination workshop was held on August 20, 2020. The meeting was conducted through an online webinar platform Zoom with the attendance by total 110 representatives from various key stakeholders such as the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, The Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, other related institutions and organizations.
During the meeting, each sectoral expert (agriculture, buildings, transport and waste) presented their findings and results on the following topics:
- Assessment of the emission mitigation cost and potential of NCCAP activities and other plans relating to the sector (Activities 3.1&3.2)
- Non-financial societal gains and losses of analysed GHG mitigation actions (Activity 3.3)
- GHG scenario modelling and the most promising GHG mitigation actions (Activity 4.1&4.2)
- Long term GHG mitigation options (Activity 4.2.2)
- The marginal abatement cost curve (MACC) for selected technologies for sectors (Activity 4.2.3)
Following the sectoral presentation and discussion session, Mr Rade Glomazic, the Project Director, took the floor and provided information on the 3 study visits to 4 different EU countries under Sub-Activity 4.3.2. Following the interactive Q&A session, the meeting was concluded by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization (Project Beneficiary)."